A Night Out in Town
As my influence in the Seattle area grows, I wanted to show my followers a local's perspective of a night out in the city. I actually live in Seattle's Eastside (an area outside of Seattle that is located across Lake Washington), so I usually have to make more of an effort to logistically plan my evenings in Seattle. However, I do spend a lot of time in the city and I've learned about so many cool restaurants and bars that I love going to.
By showing my audience some of my recommendations in the city, I partnered with Hotel Theodore in downtown Seattle for a "staycation." The night ended up being a success, so I hope you enjoy this post!
Hotel Theodore is a luxury hotel located in the heart of Downtown Seattle. Considered a landmark for the city, I was impressed by the hotel's high-quality furniture with the classic look mixed in with a little bit of modern style. Being able to stay in the center of the city really made it easy for me to walk around and spend time in the downtown area. If I were to drive into the city and hop around from one neighborhood to the next, I would always have to consider the cost savings of parking fees vs. ridesharing costs. Well, staying at Theodore helped with that decision!
I was with my significant other during the weekend and here's how the evening played out:
1) When we got to the hotel, we checked in and relaxed a little bit. We wanted to make sure that we had some time to actually enjoy the room rather than be out the whole entire time! The view was amazing and the design was outstanding.
2) We headed downstairs and stopped by the atrium area that looks kind of like a living room, near the lobby. Highly recommended to hang out in and grab a drink during the hotel's aperitivo hour where they offer a free drink to guests. We then headed to the hotel restaurant Rider for a happy hour snack and some wine (super affordable happy hour deal!). It was a great way to start our evening before we headed out around town!
3) We had reservations at Staple & Fancy, an Ethan Stowell restaurant in Ballard that offers Italian-inspired food. I had been there before and absolutely loved it the first time. So I thought I'd book a date night there with another couple and enjoy an evening of excellent food and drinks. Instead of worrying about driving and parking, we were able to get a ride to and from the restaurant with no inconvenience and reasonable costs.
4) The next morning, we woke up early to grab a nice breakfast at Mr. West Cafe Bar. Mr. West is walking distance from Hotel Theodore and is perfect for those of you who love avocado toast, delicious coffee, and beautiful aesthetics and design. Funny thing is that I don't even drink coffee, but I love myself a tea latte in the morning. They had this really nice tea that went so well with my breakfast sandwich. It's called "Mina's Chai," with Assam, ginger, milk, cardamom bitters, honey, and cinnamon. Super good!
5) It was a gorgeous day to walk around so we spent some time at Pike's Place Market (the go-to tourist spot in Seattle). I discovered Old Stove Brewery which was located in the new MarketFront at Pike's. We grabbed a couple tastings and watched one of the NBA Playoff games near the patio area overlooking the lake.
I had a great weekend hanging out in the city! I'm usually in the Bellevue / Kirkland area, but I am in Seattle enough where I've had the chance to explore the local spots. However, there is so much more to see that I haven't yet, so that's why I love coming out.
If you're a local, I'd recommend getting a hotel in the city from time to time. It feels kind of like a "getaway" where you get to be a tourist in your own city. Hotel Theodore definitely let me feel that way.
If you're from out of town and you're visiting, Theodore is in the prime spot to do essentially anything you want to do as a tourist in Seattle. It's close enough if you wanted to hop on the ferry over to Bainbridge or Vashon Island or if you wanted to go to breweries in Ballard.
Head on over to https://hoteltheodore.com/ for more details on bookings and amenities!